There have been three chapels within the present chapel yard, viz.: (1) the old thatched chapel, built probably in the second half of the eighteenth century; (2) the late chapel, built by Fr. Fitzpatrick, PP., during the first years of the 19th century; and the present chapel built by Canon Edward Walsh, PP., in 1866.
Taken from History of the Parish of Mooncoin
by The Late Very Rev. Walter McDonald, D.D., Maynooth